Drop off unused or expired medications 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at Fred Meyer, 7701 DeBarr Road. Find additional drive-thru drop-off locations at FredMeyer.com/takebackday.
Medications flushed or put down the drain go to Anchorage’s wastewater treatment facility. Wastewater treatment plants are not designed to, and do not remove medications from their treated effluent discharges into Cook Inlet.
PROPERLY DISPOSE OF UNUSED MEDICATIONS
- Do not flush medicines down the toilet
- Do not pour medicines down the drain
- Help prevent exposure to Alaska’s waterways & environment
- Proper disposal keeps medications away from children
- Secure your medicines and dispose of unused medications properly
- Call 211 or 1-800-478-2221, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday for more info.